The AGATA Steering Committee (ASC) has decided on a policy for the submission of AGATA physics publications based on results from the AGATA campaigns at LNL-INFN 2010-2011, at GSI 2012-2014 and at GANIL 2015-2020 with a list of AGATA Core Authors for each site (see the policy section below). An AGATA Physics Publication is defined as a peer-reviewed article that is based on scientific results from an experiment (or experiments) performed with the AGATA detector. Conference proceedings that include results from AGATA physics experiments should follow normal authorship courtesy, but the AGATA collaboration must be acknowledged for example by adding "and the AGATA collaboration" at the end of the author list. Note that AGATA Technical and Instrumentation publications do not have a defined authorship policy. Such a publication must, however, be reviewed by the AGATA Management Board (AMB) before it is submitted to a journal. Further information about this procedure can be found here.
Policy for Submission of AGATA Physics Publications
AGATA physics publications, based on results from the AGATA campaigns at LNL-INFN 2010-2011, GSI 2012-2014 and GANIL 2015-2020, may have, in addition to the main responsible author and the ordinary co-authors (those involved in the experiment, analysis, etc.), a number of additional co-authors, which belong to the AGATA Core Author List of the respective campaigns. For the first AGATA physics publication based on results from each AGATA experiment, all persons on the AGATA Core Author List of that campaign, will be asked if they wish to be included as co-authors on the publication.
Confidentiality agreement. It is very important that all information in AGATA physics publication manuscripts, which are submitted through the AGATA core author procedure on this website, are kept confidential until they have been accepted for publication. This means that the persons on the AGATA core author lists are not allowed to distribute the manuscripts or to give any information in them to other persons than to the co-authors, whose names are given on the manuscript. Before a manuscript can be downloaded from this website, the core author must accept such a confidentiality agreement.
The AGATA Spokesperson and chairman of the AGATA Collaboration Council (ACC), currently Wolfram Korten, is responsible for controlling and updating the AGATA Core Author Lists. The lists will be updated regularly by adding and removing names.
Instructions for Main Authors of AGATA Physics Publications
Here is a description of the procedure you must use to determine which persons on the relevant AGATA Core Author list that wish to be co-authors on your AGATA physics publication. If you are the main author of an AGATA physics publication, you must follow these instructions before you submit your article to a journal.
- Send the publication as a PDF file by email to Johan Nyberg and a copy to Wolfram Korten (ACC chair). Specify which AGATA campaign the publication concerns and a deadline for the AGATA Core Authors to fill in the acceptance form that asks if they would like to be co-authors on your publication. The recommended deadline is 2 weeks.
- When the deadline has passed, a link to the final list of names and affiliations of the AGATA Core Authors, which have answered yes on the acceptance form, will be available in the last column of this table. Note: the list with names and affiliations is updated automatically when an AGATA Core Author is filling in the acceptance form. The final version of the list is available only after the deadline has passed.
- You must include all names on this list as co-authors on your AGATA physics publication.
The setup of the acceptance form and the notification to the AGATA Core Authors of its availability and deadline is taken care of by the administrators of this website.
- Display a table of physics publications submitted via the core author procedure
- AGATA Core Author List for the campaign at LNL 2010-2011
- AGATA Core Author List for the campaign at GSI 2012-2014
- AGATA Core Author List for the campaign at GANIL 2015-2020
Note: to access the information in the links above you must login to the website. If you are not already logged in, a click on one of the links will bring you to the user account page for login. If you do not have an account on this website, please contact the webmaster.