Here is some brief information about the first AGATA campaign, which was run at INFN LNL Legnaro in Italy 2010-2011. The first experiment at LNL was performed with only one AGATA Triple Cluster detector (3 HPGe crystals). In 2011, the AGATA Demonstrator Array, with 5 AGATA Triple Cluster detecors (15 HPGe crystals), was completed. AGATA was mainly used together with the PRISMA spectrometer during this campaign.
- Sean Freeman (UK)
- Andres Gadea (Spain)
Local Project Manager
- Enrico Farnea
Reports received on experiments performed
- AGATA Demonstrator test with a 252Cf source: neutron-gamma discrimination, M. Şenyiğit, A. Ataç, J. Nyberg et al.
- Inelastic scattering as a tool to search for highly excited states up to the region of the Giant Quadrupole Resonance, R. Nicolini, A. Bracco et al.
- Lifetime measurements of the neutron-rich Cr isotopes, J. J. Valiente Dobón et al.
- Neutron-rich nuclei in the vicinity of 208Pb, Zs. Podolyak et al.
- Order-to-chaos transition in warm rotating 174W nuclei, V. Vandone, S. Leoni et al.
- Confirmation of the molecular structure of excited bands in 21Ne, Carl Wheldon et al.
- Characterization of new structures in octupole-deformed radium and thorium nuclei, J. F. Smith, D. Mengoni et al.
- Isospin Mixing in the N=Z nucleus 80Zr at medium temperature, A. Giaz, F. Camera et al.
- Polarisation capabilities of AGATA, P. G. Bizzetti et al.
- Measurement of 15 MeV gamma-rays with the AGATA cluster detectors, F. Crespi et al.